Apple Cabbage and Cottage Cheese Salad is a must have salad recipe, especially when you are trying to lose weight ! It is my favorite low-fat, low carb salad and kids love it too.
Delicious ! This Apple Cabbage and Cottage Cheese Salad is great for dieters or if you want a super healthy salad.
I think this is one of the first salads I made when we just got married and that is almost 24 years ago.
And it is still a family favorite. We had this tonight, only a few hours ago, and I’m craving for it AGAIN. But, not a good idea to have cabbage at 10pm – not for me anyway.
Best of all – Kids go crazy for this! Must be all the Apple ..
Try not to leave out the Dried Onion Flakes – it makes a huge difference in the taste.
If you are on a low-fat, low carb diet – use the tip in brackets next to the ingredient.
Another favorite is my Apple Slaw – simply delicious !
More Salad recipes you might like:
- Balsamic Roasted Pork And Berry Salad
- Bacon Tomato Pasta Salad With Blue Cheese Dressing
- Pineapple Honey-Bacon And Avocado Salad
- Shrimp Salad With Spicy Watermelon Salsa
- Smoked Chicken And Blueberry Salad
Apple Cabbage and Cottage Cheese Salad
- 1 Red Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Green Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Cabbage, grated or thinly sliced
- 250 g Fat-Free Cottage Cheese, plain ( 8 oz )
- 1/2 cup Light Mayonnaise
- 2 t Dried Onion Flakes
- Sprinkle the Apple slices with a little Lemon juice to prevent discoloration
- Add the Apples, Cabbage, Cottage cheese, Mayonnaise and Onion Flakes to a large mixing bowl – Mix well
- Transfer to a serving bowl, chill or serve immediately
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Servings Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 6mgSodium 325mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Transfer to a serving bowl, chill or serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.