Apple Cabbage and Cottage Cheese Salad is a must have salad recipe, especially when you are trying to lose weight ! It is my favorite low-fat, low carb salad and kids love it too.
Delicious ! This Apple Cabbage and Cottage Cheese Salad is great for dieters or if you want a super healthy salad.
I think this is one of the first salads I made when we just got married and that is almost 24 years ago.
And it is still a family favorite. We had this tonight, only a few hours ago, and I’m craving for it AGAIN. But, not a good idea to have cabbage at 10pm – not for me anyway.
Best of all – Kids go crazy for this! Must be all the Apple ..
Try not to leave out the Dried Onion Flakes – it makes a huge difference in the taste.
If you are on a low-fat, low carb diet – use the tip in brackets next to the ingredient.
Another favorite is my Apple Slaw – simply delicious !
Apple Cabbage and Cottage Cheese Salad
- 1 Red Apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Green Apple cored and thinly sliced
- Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Cabbage grated or thinly sliced
- 250 g Cottage Cheese plain - 8 oz ( Fat-Free )
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise ( Light )
- 2 t Dried Onion Flakes
Sprinkle the Apple slices with a little Lemon juice to prevent discoloration
Add the Apples, Cabbage, Cottage cheese, Mayonnaise and Onion Flakes to a large mixing bowl – Mix well
Transfer to a serving bowl, chill or serve immediately
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
- Ingredient notes indicate a lower in fat alternative
Transfer to a serving bowl, chill or serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.