1000 Island Tangy Pork Chops are the most delicious, tender and tangy Pork Chops around ! The 1000 Island Dressing gives the chops a wonderful sweet/salty taste
We have pork chops several times a month. It is a little healthier than beef and lamb – that is if you remove all visible fat of course, which I admit, I do not always do (nothing tastier than a crispy piece of grilled or baked pork rind !)
This 1000 Island Tangy Pork Chops is our favorite though. Sweet, sticky and so tangy.
I have made these Pork Chops both in the slow-cooker and baked in the oven, but I am leaning towards the baked chops, rather than using the slow-cooker. (Purely because of our high electricity bills, nothing else).
Therefore, if you want to cook them in your slow-cooker, go right ahead – prepare as below and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 4 – 6 hours.
1000 Island Tangy Pork Chops
- 1 packet White Onion Soup Powder
- Black Pepper to taste
- 6 Pork Chops all visible fat removed
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam (the smooth type, not pieces)
- 1/3 cup 1000 Island Low-Fat Salad Dressing
- 1 t Garlic Flakes
- 1 t Mustard Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large oven dish (with a lid) with cooking oil
- Mix the Soup Powder and the Black Pepper – cover the Pork chops with the Powder/Pepper mixture
- Heat the oil and brown the Pork Chops on both sides
- Transfer the Chops to the prepared oven dish
- Combine the Jam, Salad Dressing, Garlic Flakes and Mustard Powder in a small mixing bowl – pour over the Chops – cover with lid
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until the Chops are tender and done (turn the Chops after 45 minutes)
Serve with mashed potatoes, baby potatoes, (check out these Mediterranean Baby Potatoes ) or rice and a side salad or vegetables.