Strawberry and Cream Scone Cake is a huge scone and delicious served as a tea time treat or at brunch and most definitely perfect for Valentines Day morning
Strawberries and Cream have always been a perfect combination. Served on a scone it is the perfect tea time treat or served as part of a lazy morning brunch.
So then, try out this Strawberry and Cream Scone Cake next time you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary.
The “cake” sure looks impressive and it is also much quicker and easier to put together – no rolling out, cutting into rounds and fill or top each scone. This is all done in less than half the time and it still tastes great.
I did not pipe over the whipped Cream/Custard, but simply scooped it over the baked Scone and topped it with all the Strawberries placed in the center.
The Caster Sugar sprinkled over the Strawberries caused for a delicious bit of syrup which at first I thought of discarding.
But quickly changed my mind and drizzled it over the Scone. The cracks you see on the cake is normal as with all scones – regular or super sized.
This Strawberry and Cream Scone Cake is huge and has to be eaten on the same day it is made. If the cake is too large for your family, I would suggest making a smaller one by using only half the ingredients.
More Strawberry recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Feta and Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Krispie Hearts
- Layered Strawberry Pudding Cups
- Skinny Strawberry Cream Pie
Connect with us :
Strawberry and Cream Scone Cake
- 500 g Scone Mix, ( 16 oz )
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 extra-large Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 TB Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream)
- 1/2 cup Ready-made Thick Custard
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Place the Scone Mix in a mixing bowl – add the Butter and rub it into the Mix
- Whisk together the Egg and Milk – add to the Scone Mix and mix until just combined (do not over mix) – form a round ball and flatten to about the size of a cake – place on the prepared baking sheet
- Make a slight indentation in the center of the bowl – cover with a round of baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice – bake 15 minutes – remove the baking beans or rice and the top piece of baking paper – bake a further 5 – 10 minutes or until fully cooked
- Remove from the oven – transfer to a cooling rack after 5 minutes and let cool completely
- Place the Strawberries in a medium mixing bowl – sprinkle over the Caster Sugar and stir through – let stand at least 5 minutes (a bit of syrup will form at the bottom of the mixing bowl)
- Beat the Cream until stiff peaks form – fold in the Custard and pipe or scoop into the indentation of the baked Scone – top with the Strawberries and drizzle over the syrup
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 21.1gSaturated Fat 11.3gUnsaturated Fat 5.3gCholesterol 72mgSodium 229mgCarbohydrates 35.8gFiber 0.4gSugar 5gProtein 8.5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve immediately. As with most Scones this needs to be eaten on the same day.