Adults and kids love this Italian Buttermilk Chicken ! So delicious when served with either fries and salad or vegetables and mashed potatoes
This is the perfect Chicken for a busy week night. The Italian Buttermilk Chicken is finger-licking awesome and kids just love it.
We like fish and chips (as we call it in SA!), and this is a delicious alternative. These Chicken Fingers, with chips and a salad or two and we are set.
The Chicken goes just as well with mashed potatoes and vegetables if you’d rather have it that way.
And the Paprika not only gives the Chicken a delicious taste. It also gives the Chicken Fingers a lovely rich, dark color, unlike some batter covered fried chicken or fish.
Speaking of fish – this recipe is great to use with firm white fish fingers, or even larger pieces !
You can serve the Chicken with chips (fries) and a salad or mashed potatoes, corn and a crunchy salad.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
Connect with us :
Italian Buttermilk Chicken
- 450 g Chicken Fillets, cut into chunky fingers ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Buttermilk, in a medium bowl
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 TB Paprika
- 1 TB Italian Herbs
- Vegetable Oil, for shallow fry
- Season the Chicken with the Salt and Pepper
- Combine the Flour, Paprika and Italian Herbs in a medium bowl
- Dip the seasoned Chicken into the Buttermilk and immediately into the Flour mixture
- Shallow fry the Chicken until done – place on paper towel, pat and serve
Serve with chips and a salad or mashed potatoes, corn and a crunchy salad
Amount Per Serving Calories 453Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 98mgSodium 409mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 42g
Nutrition value is not always accurate