Citrus Salad is a favorite among kids and adults and can be served with any kind of meat or especially seafood (Low-fat and Healthy !)
Our stores are packed with the juiciest citrus fruits this time of the year. Of course one of our favorite salads is a Citrus Salad and we always enjoy this one I am sharing with you today.
Citrus is also very welcome during our Winter months as it provides a bunch of Vitamin C, which helps to keep colds and flu away.
Every ingredient in this Citrus salad works so well together. And the herbs balances out the somewhat sourness in the grapefruit.
Although I have to admit that our grapefruits this year are just about perfect and more sweet than usual.
And I have that oh so soft place for Arugula … lots and lost (I actually add more to my serving each and every time!).
- 1 handful Arugula Leaves (or more ! )
- 2 handfuls Mixed Lettuce leaves torn
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Leaves torn
- 2 Oranges peeled and segmented
- 2 Red Grapefruit peeled, pith removed and segmented
- 2 TB Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 TB White Wine Vinegar
- 2 t Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toss together the Arugula, Lettuce and Basil – transfer to a serving dish
- Arrange the Orange and Grapefruit segments on top of the greens
- Combine the Lemon Juice, Vinegar and Mustard – drizzle over the Salad
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper
Chill until ready to serve.
You Might Also Like: