Cheddar and Chives Muffins are so delicious served warm slathered with butter ! Perfect as a snack, lunch or breakfast / brunch addition
Cheddar and Chives Muffins are great to add to your breakfast / brunch menu and they are just as delicious for lunch, a snack or a tea time savory treat.
I was craving for something cheesy, with a chive flavor as well, for nearly 2 weeks. With all the makeovers going on in just about every room of our house, time is a bit limited these days, so I put my cravings last on the list.
Which is a bit stupid, if only I thought of baking muffins first. These are prepped, baked and served in under 20 minutes.
One morning I caved and baked a batch of these family favorite Muffins. Perfect !
We enjoyed them with a cup of coffee, whilst discussing the wall decor we wanted in the hallway (which is just about done!)
And as with most savory muffins, I served these Cheddar and Chives Muffins hot, with only Butter – slathered with butter really ! There are not much more delicious than, soft, warm, dripping with butter Muffins.
I also like to sprinkle over some additional cheese and chives over the freshly baked muffins. Not only because it looks great, but also to add more flavor. And for cheese lovers like us, no dish can ever have enough cheese.
Another one of my savory muffins we love are these Pesto Tomato and Cheese Muffins – absolutely delicious at tea time ! And they look as good as they taste !
More Muffin recipes you might like:
- Cranberry Muffins
- Best Avocado Muffins
- Pesto Tomato and Cheese Muffins
- Hummingbird Muffins
- Pina Colada Muffins
Cheddar And Chives Muffins
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 TB Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/8 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- Cheddar Cheese, grated, to sprinkle over
- Chives, chopped, to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 deg C (440 deg F) – spray a muffin pan with cooking oil (12 hole pan for medium muffins and 8 holes for large muffins)
- Sift together the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Cayenne Pepper in a medium mixing bowl – stir in the Cheese and Chives
- Add the Milk and stir only until just combined (do not over mix) – fill the muffin pan (full for large and 2/3 up for medium)
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes – remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack
- Sprinkle the hot muffins with Cheddar Cheese and Chives
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Servings Serving Size 1 Large Muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 28mgSodium 697mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 11g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve immediately with Butter (and Cheese if you choose so!) – leftovers are best eaten on the same day