BBQ Teriyaki Pork Kebabs – Marinated, tender Pork with vegetables, brushed with a tangy basting sauce and grilled to perfection over the coals or indoors.
Kebabs are my favorite meat to make for a BBQ, but I also like to make kebabs during the week.
That is usually not possible, as we have our dinner late afternoon/early evening. And I am not always sure what time hubby would be home to light up our charcoal braai.
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a new toy, and no, this is not a review. I am just showing you what I used to cook these BBQ Teriyaki Pork Kebabs quickly and easily – indoors.
I had been eyeing the Kebaba for a while now and am really glad I finally bought one. The Kebabs only took about 12 – 15 minutes (without having to wait for a charcoal fire!) to grill.
And there was hardly any mess at all to clean up. The picture on the left is the Kebaba without the outer casing which slips over easily.
Right, I did say this is not a review therefore let’s get on to today’s recipe. The marinade made the Pork melt-in-the-mouth tender whilst still juicy.
I love the basting sauce, and one batch was more than enough for the 8 kebabs I had, to baste them around three times – which I did at 5 minute intervals.
This recipe is versatile in that you can add whatever vegetables you prefer, as the Basting Sauce goes with just about anything.
I have a thing for adding Pineapple to my kebabs, and that worked just fine as well.
More Kebab recipes you might like :
BBQ Teriyaki Pork Kebabs
- 3 TB Soy Sauce
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- 1/2 t Dried Chili Flakes
- 1 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 750 g Pork Tenderloin , cubed ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 TB Soy Sauce
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 2 TB Cornflour, ( Cornstarch )
- 1 TB Brown Sugar
- 1/8 t Ground Ginger
- 250 g Portolini Mushrooms, halved ( 8 oz )
- 1 large Red Onion, sliced into wedges
- 250 g Italian Mini Tomatoes, ( 8 oz )
- 1/2 Pineapple, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into large pieces
- Mix all the Marinade ingredients – place Pork in a marinate container – pour marinade over and leave for 2 – 3 hours, turning the container every half hour
- Place the ingredients for the Basting Sauce in a small saucepan – bring to the boil – lower heat and simmer 5 minutes – leave to cool slightly
- Using 8 long kebab sticks – start threading the Pork and the Vegetables/Pineapple alternating between meat and fresh produce
- Grill kebabs over medium heat, brushing regularly with the Basting Sauce until done
Amount Per Serving Calories 239 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 69mg Sodium 721mg Carbohydrates 11g Fiber 2g Sugar 5g Protein 27g