Banana Caramel Cake is a dense, moist cake and so decadent with the 3 ingredient Caramel topping ! Perfect dessert or tea time treat
This Banana Caramel Cake will have you begging for seconds. The cake is moist and the Caramel topping is just to die for delicious !
I baked this cake (well, not the one on the photos!) on Saturday. Then dropped it on the floor – once again, and this time I have no excuse – did not trip over Nahla, my wrist simply twisted and kaboom .. cake on the floor.
I did not have enough bananas and eggs leftover to make another one, and I really wanted this cake, especially after smelling the wonderful baking smell of the dropped cake.
Early Sunday morning, I got some more bananas and baked this Banana Caramel Cake, which I can now share not only the recipe, but also the photos with you.
And divine it definitely was ! The cake is a little denser than the usual Banana Cakes I bake, but I did add a little more mashed bananas to this cake.
I am a self-confessed Caramel addict (no hope of rehab for me!) and this Caramel topping is one of the best I ever made. Simple, but delicious.
More Banana recipes you might like:
Banana Caramel Cake
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 4/5 cup Sour Cream
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream (double cream)
- 1 Banana, sliced and Lemon juice coated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a bundt pan with cooking oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the Butter, Caster Sugar and Brown Sugar until creamy – add the Eggs one-by-one, beating continuously
- Sift together the Flour, Salt Baking Powder and Cinnamon – fold into the Butter/Sugar mixture
- Stir in the Sour Cream and the Bananas – pour batter into the prepared bundt pan – bake 45 – 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes – remove and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely
- Place the Caster Sugar in a small saucepan – heat until the Sugar starts to melt on the sides – add the Butter and whisk until smooth and the Butter is melted
- Add the Cream and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened – stirring continuously – remove from the heat and let cool at least 10 minutes
- Drizzle the Caramel Topping over the cooled Banana Cake and decorate with Banana slices – dust with a little Ground Cinnamon if you wish
Amount Per Serving Calories 535.6 Total Fat 28.3g Saturated Fat 17.2g Unsaturated Fat 9.4g Carbohydrates 69.8g Fiber 2.3g Sugar 43.8g Protein 5.8g