7-Layer Caramel Chocolate Bars with not only caramel and chocolate but also coconut – perfect dessert or as part of a sweet party platter
Seven layers of pure delight! I had no idea what to call these bars … 7 layers?? Yep, that will do, with the added Caramel and Chocolate …
But first : as I mentioned in a previous post I have an adorable new 10 week old, Jack Russel puppy. Uhm, and yes, I do think he has a bit of something else in his genes.
He is as cute and lovable as can be and already has the whole family wrapped around his .. well, paw !
MEET JOE, EVERYONE
I wanted something sweet and gooey and thought I will find something on Pinterest. For once, I could not find a single thing on any of my boards which I really craved for.
After spending another hour or so, looking at the new stuff rolling in on the Pinterest site, I knew I will not find something there.
Have you ever had a craving for a specific, shall we say .. ingredients musts, but no recipe and never had something quite like it at the candy bars?
More Caramel recipes you might like:
Right, so I thought this up :
7-Layer Caramel Chocolate Bars
LAYER 1 and 4:
- 1 packet (200 g) Tennis Biscuits (or 7 oz Graham Crackers)
- 1 1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour (Cornstarch)
- 3 TB Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 can (397g) Caramel Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 TB Corn Flour (Cornstarch)
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 TB Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- LAYER 1: Place a single layer of Tennis Biscuits on the bottom of a 20 x 30cm (9 x 13 inch) dish
- LAYER 2: Heat the Sugar, Corn Flour, Flour and Milk in a medium pot until the Sugar has dissolved – add a little of the warm mixture to the Egg Yolk and mix – add it back to the pot and stir continuously until thick – remove from the heat and add the Butter and Vanilla, stir until the Butter has melted and spoon over the layer of Biscuits in the dish
- LAYER 3: Sprinkle the 1 cup of Chocolate Chips evenly over the warm mixture
- LAYER 4: Place another single layer of Biscuits over the Chocolate Chips
- LAYER 5: Heat the Caramel Condensed Milk over medium heat (careful, it burns quickly) – mix the Milk and Corn Flour and add to the Caramel – simmer 1 – 2 minutes until slightly thicker – remove from heat and spoon over the layer of Biscuits
- LAYER 6: Sprinkle over the Coconut
- LAYER 7: Melt the remaining Chocolate Chips – stir in the Fresh Cream – Spread over the Coconut layer
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 432.6
No need to mention who had more or who had a piece hidden for breakfast !