White Chocolate Mousse is so quick and easy to make and is perfect not only as a casual dessert, but for entertaining as well [make ahead friendly recipe]
Images and text updated July 2018
I have been wanting to make a White Chocolate Mousse for some time now. Well, the time has come – this was our dessert tonight. Preparing this took all of 15 minutes!
Everybody was happy, except my daughter, she reckons it was too creamy ?? I know, sometimes I have to wonder about this daughter of mine.
When I bake something with a cheese topping, I always leave a piece without any topping. She does not like it that way.
Hubby, my son and myself love it that way! But, she likes toasted cheese and what have you, just not “baked cheese”.
I reckon, just because she complained that it was too creamy, I reached my goal, as that is what a mousse is suppose to be like, … right??
And, besides a Chocolate Mousse is always a favorite and so perfect when entertaining. It also helps that you can make the Mousse way ahead of time.
With this recipe I get around 6 servings, which is great. The serving size is about a half cup of Mousse per person, but if you serve them in smaller glasses or bowls you can stretch it to serve 8 people.
What a heavenly bite that was ! Sorry could not resist 😉
The recipe is also very easy to double or triple if you have a crowd for dessert !
You might also like :
White Chocolate Mousse
- 150 g White Chocolate, good eating quality ( 5.3 oz )
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 extra-large Egg Whites
- 1/4 t Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Fresh Cream, ( whipping cream/double cream )
- 2 TB Caster Sugar, ( Superfine Sugar )
- 2 TB Milk Chocolate, melted, to drizzle
- 6 Glace Cherries, to decorate
- Melt the White Chocolate and stir in the Milk
- Whisk the Egg whites with the Lemon juice until stiff – Fold this into the melted White chocolate
- Beat the Fresh cream (adding the Caster sugar in two batches) until it forms soft peaks
- Gently fold the beaten Fresh cream into the White chocolate mixture
- Pour into glasses and refrigerate 20 minutes before drizzling melted Dark chocolate over. Top it off with a Cherry. Refrigerate for another one hour and 40 minutes before serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 114mgSodium 67mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 0gSugar 23gProtein 6g
Nutrition value is not always accurate