Three different quick, easy and fun Appetizers On A Stick
Make all three variations or just one. But do make these Appetizers on a stick to serve at your next party !
I thought I would give the blog a chance to grow before opening an E-mail and Facebook account for With A Blast, but (out of the blue) I opened both of these yesterday.
The Facebook page still needs a little touch-up here and there but at least it’s up and running! Feel free to follow along 😉
Right, that is sorted out and now it is time to share these appetizers. This is how I made these cute and tasty Appetizers on a Stick.
I served these on Father’s Day because it is not a heavy appetizer and we had a very rich Main meal.
- 1 roll Frozen Puff-Pastry defrosted
- 125 g Cream Cheese softened ( 4 oz )
- 6 small Deli Roast Beef slices
- 6 small Smoked Salmon slices
- 6 Italian Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 cubes Mozzarella Cheese bite size
- Fresh Dill Sprigs, Fresh Parsley – sprigs or leaves, Fresh Basil leaves
- Yogurt and Herb Dressing I used store-bought
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – Line a baking sheet with baking paper
Roll out the Puff Pastry – do not roll thinner – use a round cutter (about 2.5cm / 1″) in diameter and cut 18 pieces. Bake 12 – 15 minutes until puffy and light brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before using
Use the sharp end of 6 wooden skewers and thread through 6 pieces of Basil leaves , followed by the Mozzarella and then the Cherry Tomato (I skewered it lengthwise), lastly push the stick through a round of Puff Pastry (leave the pastry in the baking sheet and “pin” it straight from there onto the skewer) Do not push it through all the way as this is the appetizers platform
- Using the same method as in step 3 – start with a sprig/leaf of Parsley, place a dab of Cream cheese in the center of the Roast Beef and roll up, thread this onto the skewer and end up with a round of Puff Pastry. Repeat until you have 6 with this combo
Same method as in step 3 and 4 – but, start with the rolled up (or bundled up) Smoked Salmon, use a teaspoon and add some Cream cheese to the top piece, spreading around the stick (the Cream cheese should be “sitting” on top of the Salmon), add a sprig or 2 of Dill to the top of the C/Cheese. End with a round of Puff Pastry. Repeat until you have 6 with this combo
To serve: Place one of each of the Appetizers on 6 plates and drizzle the plate with Yogurt and Herb Dressing
To serve: Enough for 6 persons – Place one of each type of the Appetizers on a plate and drizzle some Yogurt and Herb Dressing on the plate.