Super Greens with Creamy Feta Dressing is a healthy, no-guilt salad, packed with vitamins and so delicious (only a few minutes to throw together) and the ultra creamy Feta Dressing is to die for !
Super Greens with Creamy Feta Dressing salad contains so much goodness, I do not know what else to name the salad than super !
This is one of my personal favorites and a salad which I can easily live on – with a side of fish or meat of course.
My family loves the salad (almost) as much as I do. Therefore I always make a double batch than what is shown below in the recipe.
The recipe is more than enough for 6 servings, of which each serving is just under a cup per person. If your family is not that much into Broccoli and Feta, this is a fairly average size salad.
You can always make one and a half batch, or a double batch if you are taking the salad along to a family or friends gathering.
I single out Broccoli and Feta above, as those are the two flavors which comes through the strongest in this super Greens with creamy Feta Dressing salad.
The Zucchini adds a lot of crunch of course, with small bits of crunchy Celery also in the mix.
Besides the bit of blanching of the Broccoli, this salad comes together in minutes.
I use Baby Zucchini which I shave into ribbons with a plain old potato peeler, even though I have all kinds of fancy gadgets to do this.
Takes me longer looking for the gadgets than getting my potato peeler from the top cutlery drawer !
Note**: How to Blanch Broccoli :
- Bring the Broccoli, covered with Water and a little Salt added to the boil.
- Boil over high heat for 2 minutes – drain and immediately dump the Broccoli in a bowl filled with ice-cold Water.
- Give it around one minute, then drain well and use as below (done in under 5 minutes!).
More Salad recipes you might like:
- Citrus Salad
- Bacon Spinach and Feta Salad
- Best Layered Salad
- Pea Egg and Feta Salad
- Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
Connect with us :
Super Greens with Creamy Feta Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, blanched ( see Note below or in post )
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
CREAMY FETA DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- SALAD: Toss together, in a mixing bowl, the Peas, Zucchini, Broccoli and Celery – transfer to a serving dish
- CREAMY FETA DRESSING: Place the Feta, Vinegar, Oil and Garlic in a blender – blitz until smooth and creamy – season with Salt if necessary – drizzle over salad
How To Blanch Broccoli
If you have never blanched Broccoli, it is really very simple. Bring the Broccoli, covered with Water and a little Salt added to the boil – boil over high heat for 2 minutes – drain and immediately dump the Broccoli in a bowl filled with ice-cold Water – give it around one minute, then drain well and use as below (done in under 5 minutes!)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 153.2Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2.2gUnsaturated Fat 8.2gCholesterol 5mgSodium 200mgCarbohydrates 8.4gFiber 3.1gSugar 3gProtein 5.6g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve well chilled.