Bacon Spinach and Feta Salad is one of the quickest, easiest and low-feta salads around ! Serve this 15 minute salad as a side dish or for lunch
Bacon Spinach and Feta Salad is a quick, crispy delicious salad which I love to make for lunch or more often serve as a light dinner.
I have found that the older we get, and I am sure a lot of you know that already, the more healthy we need to eat.
For me that is actually a “duh”, as I have already lost my gallbladder and I know my diet over the years had much to do with it.
If you look at other recipes I share here on With A Blast, you will notice that the eating healthy trend is most definitely not consistent, but I try, I really do.
The Bacon in this Salad is stripped of almost all the fat. I normally buy the Weigh-Less (a diet program in South-Africa) approved brand, but it is not always available.
Other healthier choices of Bacon include Back Bacon and now and then I find a good packet of Shoulder Bacon, which has more meat and less fat on the slices.
Any Salad Dressing can be used in this Bacon Spinach and Feta Salad. My preferences are using either Italian or French dressing.
And if you are really into the healthy eating habit, then a low-fat, low-salt Dressing is the way to go.
You can also use any kind of Seed – or a mixed batch – in the Salad.
I eat Sunflower Seeds straight from the packet as a snack, and always have some in the pantry, but the variety of Seeds you can add, is enormous.
More Salad recipes you might like:
- Pineapple Honey-Bacon and Avocado Salad
- Smoked Chicken and Blueberry Salad
- Shrimp Bacon Avocado Potato Salad
Bacon Spinach and Feta Salad
- 1 Bunch Spinach, cleaned, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Lean Bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 cup Fat-Reduced Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds, toasted or not
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Arils (seeds)
- 1 cup Croutons (I use store-bought)
- 1/3 cup Italian Salad Dressing, use low-fat if you prefer
- Toss together the Spinach, Bacon, Feta, Seeds, and Arils – transfer to a serving platter
- Top with the Croutons and drizzle with the Dressing right before serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314.5 Saturated Fat: 5.3g Unsaturated Fat: 4.9g Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 3.5g Sugar: 2.9g Protein: 22.4g
Serve for lunch, a light dinner with a wholewheat roll, or you can use the Salad as a side dish.