Steak and Potatoes Dinner is an easy one-pot meal, which can be made using any of three methods – Loaded with meat and vegetables this is perfect comfort food
This Steak and Potatoes one-pot dinner can be made using your slow-cooker, pressure-cooker or a normal pot simmering on the stove top.
Way past delicious and so saucy! Everything you need for a balanced meal is included here, meat, a variety of mixed vegetables and loads of potatoes.
I used my pressure-cooker, which I absolutely love.
But, if for any number of reasons, you’d like to use your slow-cooker or cook the meal in an everyday pot on the stove, that is fine as well.
I decided against rice, which I would normally serve with a stew-like meal, as this recipe contains a lot of potatoes already, and only served some French Bread slices on the side.
You can of course use less potatoes (maybe one less) and still serve the Steak and Potatoes over rice.
You can use any variety of vegetables your family prefers.
More One-Pot recipes you might like:
Steak And Potatoes Dinner(One-Pot)
- 2 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1 large Onion, chopped roughly (large chunks)
- 675 g Beef Steak, cubed/strips/chunks ( 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 can (410g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 t Dried Italian Herbs
- 4 large Potatoes, with the skin and scrubbed clean, quartered
- 500 g Mixed Frozen Vegetables, defrosted ( 16 oz ) SEE NOTES
- Salt and Pepper (optional)
- Heat the Oil in a large pressure-cooker or pot – saute the Onion until soft – add the Beef and stir-fry 2 – 3 minutes to brown all over
- Add the Beef Stock, Tomatoes, Sugar, Italian Herbs and Potatoes – PRESSURE COOKER: pressure cook for 15 minutes STANDARD POT: simmer for 2 hours SLOW-COOKER: cook on High for 3- 4 hours until the meat and Potatoes are soft and cooked
- Add the defrosted Mixed Vegetables and cook as follows: PRESSURE COOKER: 5 – 8 minutes STANDARD POT: 15 – 20 minutes SLOW-COOKER: 30 – 45 minutes on High
- I like the Carrot/Green Beans/Broccoli/Cauliflower/Marrow combination of mixed vegetables
- More liquid (stock) might be needed, whilst simmering, if you make this in a standard pot
- Cooking time shown based on using a Pressure Cooker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 447.1Total Fat 9.7gSaturated Fat 2.4gUnsaturated Fat 6.3gCarbohydrates 56.8gFiber 10.2gSugar 6.3gProtein 35g
Season to taste with Salt and Pepper (if necessary) and serve.
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board !