Spicy Coffee Rubbed Chicken is tender, juicy and spicy ! The perfect main dish for guests or to treat your family and it is so quick and easy to make too !
This spicy Coffee rubbed Chicken is perfect for when you have guests over or want to treat the family to something delicious and a little out of the ordinary.
In the photos I have one chicken breast fillet, all sliced up and served with the trimmings. It may look like you have spent hours in the kitchen ! But by now you should know that I am not fond of hanging around the kitchen for too long.
Don’t get me wrong here, I love food, cooking and baking. But I have zero patience for long, difficult recipes and that is what With A Blast is about.
Quick, easy, yet delicious and (mostly!) nutritious meals, whether it be the main meal, dessert or a drink.
Getting back to the Coffee Rubbed Chicken, the meat is super tender and juicy, with the outside slightly crisp and a whole lot of spicy flavor.
Slicing each Chicken Fillet is up to you. I love the way it looks served in slices, with the creamy Avocado and slightly Lime pickled Onions. You can serve them however you prefer, whole, sliced or cut in half.
I drizzled some of the pan juices over each sliced Fillet just before serving, no need for it to go to waste now, is there?
Spicy Coffee Rubbed Chicken
- 2 t Ground Cumin
- 2 t Ground Coriander
- 1 TB Paprika
- 2 t Dried Oregano
- 1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TB Espresso Coffee Powder
- 1/2 t Dried Chili Flakes
- 4 Chicken Fillets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 1 Lime juice only
- 1/2 cup Creamy Guacamole or my 5 Minute Avocado Dressing (link in NOTES below)
- Cilantro to serve ( optional )
- Mix all the rub ingredients well in a small bowl
- Season the Chicken Fillets lightly with Salt and Pepper and coat in the rub
Place the Red Onion in a small bowl – drizzle over the Lime juice (stir every now and then) – set aside
- Grill or pan-fry the Chicken until dark golden brown and fully cooked
- Leave the Chicken 3 – 5 minutes to rest, then slice and serve topped with creamy Guacamole and the Lime pickled Onions
Recipe for my 5 Minute Avocado Dressing
Serve with mashed potatoes (or baked), salads or vegetable sides.
You Might Also Like: