No-Fuss Sausage and Vegetable Casserole is an all in one dinner and takes only minutes to prepare – loaded with vegetables and very versatile recipe
Post and images updated December 2018
This is one dish which I make over and over again. Or, I should say, different versions of this No-Fuss Sausage and Vegetable Casserole!
It is so versatile and the meat as well as the vegetables can be changed as to what you have in your refrigerator and pantry.
To prepare the Sausage and Vegetable Casserole literally takes minutes, browning the sausages take the longest, which is around 5 minutes.
Once in the oven there is not really much else to do, except adding the sausages and turning the vegetables once.
Prefer a thick sauce ?
However, I like to pour the sauce in a microwavable bowl once the casserole has finished baking. A little sauce, then about one tablespoon of Cornflour (Cornstarch), mix well and pour the remaining sauce into the bowl.
Pop into the microwave for 30 seconds, stir through and repeat once or twice. Pour the thickened sauce back over the casserole or serve on the side.
More Dinner recipes you might like:
- Amish Country Casserole
- One-Pot Pork Chop and Rice Casserole
- Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Layered Slow-Cooker Dinner
- Chili Cowboy Casserole (Slow-Cooker)
Connect with us :
Sausage And Vegetable Casserole
- 900 g Pork Sausages, or Beef ( 2 pounds )
- 4 Potatoes, peeled or not and quartered
- 4 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Green Beans, chopped
- 2 Onions, quartered and loosened
- 2 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1 TB Garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 1/2 t Dried Italian Herbs
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (use Beef Stock if using Beef Sausages)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TB Parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 225 deg C (450 deg F) – spray a large oven dish with a lid with cooking oil
- Brown the Sausages quickly – do not cook through – cut in half (if using large) and set aside
- Place the Potatoes, Carrots, Bell Pepper, Green Beans and Onions in the prepared oven dish – stir to mix
- Combine the Olive Oil, Garlic, Herbs, Stock and Salt and Pepper in a small mixing bowl – pour over the vegetables – cover with a lid (or aluminum foil) and bake for 45 minutes or until tender
- Remove the dish from the oven – give the vegetables a gentle stir – insert the Sausages in between the vegetables – sprinkle with the Balsamic Vinegar and bake, uncovered, for 25 – 30 minutes until the Sausages are fully cooked
- Remove from the oven and serve sprinkled with Parsley (if using)
- See note in post if you prefer a thicker sauce
- Recipe yields 6 x Adult sized servings
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 754.5Total Fat 52gSaturated Fat 17.1gUnsaturated Fat 30.7gCarbohydrates 37.1gFiber 6.7gSugar 8gProtein 33.8g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
A Crunchy green salad goes well with this dish.