Marinated Broccoli Salad is a crunchy, delicious salad and a definite must-have recipe for especially Broccoli lovers [make-ahead friendly recipe]
We eat salads almost on a daily base, but somehow, I never get around to posting about them and this Marinated Broccoli Salad is sooo good !
I am always posting about main meals or especially desserts. Side dishes and salads should really be more on With A Blast !
Seeing as we eat salads all-year round in SA and lots of our Northern hemisphere readers are at the start of Spring now, I decided to share some of our favorite salad recipes, starting now.
We all love this recipe and it is not only delicious ! But the salad is also very colorful and you can make it a day or two before you want to serve it.
Great make-ahead dish to take with to family or friend gatherings !
To get the most of the taste, the salad has to marinade at least 8 hours. I normally make it the night before, and during the following day, I would give it a gentle shake every now and then.
Use a marinating bowl – they’re great to simple turn over every now and then, or whenever you pass by the refrigerator.
This Marinated Broccoli Salad goes with any main meal which only requires one side salad. And remember, Broccoli IS good for you, too!
More recipes with Broccoli you might like:
Marinated Broccoli Salad
- 1 head of Broccoli, large, broken into florets
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 TB Poppy Seeds
- 2 TB Sesame Seeds
- 3 TB Onion, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 t Salt
- 2 t Dijon Mustard
- Toss together all the ingredients for the SALAD in a large mixing bowl
- Mix all the ingredients for the MARINADE/DRESSING until well combined
- Pour over the Salad ingredients – chill covered at least 8 hours before serving (remember to stir through every now and then)
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 223.1Total Fat 16.9gSaturated Fat 10.7gUnsaturated Fat 1.8gCarbohydrates 18.1gFiber 2.1gSugar 14.6gProtein 2.2g
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve!