Herb and Mushroom Chicken is tender, juicy Chicken smothered in a delicious Herb and Mushroom Sauce which makes this the perfect all season dinner
Like a saucy meat dish ? This Herb and Mushroom Chicken is perfect ! Saucy, full of flavor and the meat is tender and juicy.
The Rosemary, Thyme and Parsley are a fantastic combination and compliments the Chicken very well.
I served this dish over mashed potatoes and I can assure you, it is finger lickin’ good ! A side or two of vegetables or salads and you are set.
The Chicken will go very well with rice also, as it is a saucy business as I have already said.
Recently I started using the KNORR Stock Pots, instead of the cubes to make Chicken Stock. That is now if you do not have homemade Chicken Stock on hand. And I have found the Stock Pots to be so much more flavorful than the cubes.
You can use whichever one you prefer and the White Wine can also be substituted with more stock if you so prefer.
Herb And Mushroom Chicken
- 8 pieces Chicken ( I like drumsticks and thighs )
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 TB Fresh Rosemary chopped, divided
- 2 TB Fresh Thyme chopped, divided
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 250 g Mushrooms halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- 2 TB Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine (or more Chicken Stock)
- 2 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1 TB Fresh Parsley chopped (plus extra to sprinkle)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F)
Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper, as well as 1 tablespoon Rosemary and 1 tablespoon Thyme
- In a large oven proof skillet, heat the Oil – place the Chicken skin side down and fry 5 minutes or until the skin has browned – turn over
- Transfer the skillet with the Chicken to the oven and bake 25 – 30 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove the Chicken and set aside
- Using the same skillet, brown the Mushrooms until golden and just tender
- Sprinkle over the Flour and stir through – add the Chicken Stock, Wine, Mustard, remaining Rosemary and Thyme – simmer over medium heat until the sauce has thickened – stir in the Parsley and transfer to a serving dish
Serve the mushroom sauce over the Chicken, sprinkled with extra Parsley with rice or mashed potatoes.
You Might Also Like These Chicken Recipes: