Simple, everyday ingredients make this Ham Eggs and Potato Tray Bake a winner every time – Make 2 trays and feed a crowd during the holidays !
Love one pan/pot/tray bakes ? This Ham Eggs and Potato Breakfast Tray Bake will definitely come in handy, especially during the holiday season.
Honestly, my biggest love for any main meal cooked in one dish, is that there are less dishes ! Besides who wants to start off the morning (after having a hearty breakfast), with loads of dishes to wash ?
Not to mention that this tray bake also makes a delicious, quick to throw together, dinner. Also nowadays known as brinner, although I can not get around to using the actual word brinner !
I am still at brunch, combo timing of a breakfast and lunch, served later than the usual breakfast time, but earlier than lunch.
Now, brunch is always a big hit with my family as we are not really early breakfast eaters.
This recipe for the Ham Eggs and Potato Breakfast therefore is more a brunch idea (for us anyway). I can take my time prepping and baking the dish to serve anytime between 10 and 11 am.
You will notice that I have a heavy hand when it comes to Pepper seasoning ! We are all Pepper lovers, but I am a little over the top with my own food.
In the photo above (egg below)… that is mine ! Told you I am over the top with Pepper.
Normally I would add seasoning fairly lightly, but in this breakfast bake, it is so easy to see which (specifically the eggs) part has added Pepper.
My oven is big enough to stick in two trays (center rack), therefore the recipe is perfect when we have guests over for breakfast, or I should rather say brunch.
More Breakfast recipes you might like:
Connect with us :
Ham Eggs and Potato Breakfast Tray Bake
- 3 large Potatoes, skin on, scrubbed clean and diced
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 250 g Mushrooms ( 8 oz )
- 3 Rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, half whole, rest halved
- 1 TB Wholegrain Mustard (Dijon will also work)
- 4 large Eggs
- 8 Deli Ham, slices (your choice)
- 1 TB Parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) - spray a large roasting pan with cooking oil
- Combine the diced Potatoes, Onion and Olive Oil - transfer to the prepared roasting pan - cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven - discard the aluminum foil - Add the Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes
- Stir in the Mustard and toss the ingredients a little - bake another 25 minutes uncovered
- Remove from the oven - make 4 holes and crack open an egg into each hole - season the Eggs with Salt and Pepper - return to the oven and bake another 8 - 10 minutes or until the Eggs are done to your preference
- Remove from the oven - Top with rolled up Deli Ham and sprinkle over the Parsley - serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 454.2Total Fat 12.1gSaturated Fat 3.3gUnsaturated Fat 6gCarbohydrates 53.1gFiber 8.7gSugar 8.5gProtein 32g