Creamed Spinach with Mozzarella is a restaurant-style side dish which you can now make at home – delicious side dish to any main meal
I have another delicious side dish recipe for you today. Restaurant-Style Creamed Spinach with Mozzarella !
Creamed Spinach has always been one of my favorite sides, and it is actually served in most restaurants as well.
After buying some of those ready made frozen Creamed Spinach boxes which you re-heat and serve for many years, I decided to try my own recipe.
This was all guess work, but I wanted it to have that same taste as one of our chain restaurants. Believe it or not, the first try was spot on ! Either I was just lucky the first time or creamed spinach is just an easy dish!.
The only thing I added/changed was to add some shaved Mozzarella. Nowadays, we have this side dish with a lot of different main meat dishes, from roast beef to pork chops.
I absolutely love how quick and easy this Creamed Spinach is to make. I prep the vegetables beforehand, but only cook the dish minutes before we are ready to serve dinner.
Creamed Spinach With Mozzarella
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 5 cups Fresh Spinach ribs removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese plain, softened
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese shaved
Melt the Butter in a large saucepan – saute the Onion and Garlic until soft – add the Spinach and stir-fry 2 – 3 minutes until wilted
- Beat together the Cream Cheese and Fresh Cream – add to the Spinach mixture and simmer for 2 minutes – reduce the thickness of the sauce to your preference
- Season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
Serve scattered with Mozzarella shavings as a side dish.
You Might Also Like: