Delicious and so buttery melt-in-the-mouth ! These Butter Coconut Bars have a chocolate glaze, easy to make and NO eggs or milk required
Buttery, moist sweet treats which will be liked by all, especially Coconut lovers.
These Butter Coconut Bars are quick to make and require no eggs or milk.
It gives the most delicious smell while baking and your house would smell absolutely wonderful !
Which might also not be a good thing, as these bars need to cool completely and I am one who can normally not wait to cut into a great smelling dessert.
Don’t ask how I know ! But do not even attempt to cut out a small tasting piece before the baked cake spent at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator – it will crumble away.
After the initial chilling time, I did not return the bars to the refrigerator as they were by then nicely set and kept up well.
This is definitely all Coconut lovers’ dream treat. Buttery coconut with a chocolate glaze which is perfect to serve at tea time or as an everyday dessert (also excellent as a treat in the kids’ lunchbox!).
More Cake recipes you might like:
- Gooey Coconut Pineapple Butter Cake
- Amarula Chocolate Caramel Cake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Orange Juice Cake
- Ginger Cake with Creamy Lime Filling
Connect with us :
Butter Coconut Bars
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 t Baking Powder
- 1/8 t Salt
- 2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 2 1/4 cup Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 1 TB Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- White or 2 Tone Chocolate Chips, to top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30 cm ( 9 x 12 inch ) oven dish with cooking oil
- Cream together the Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt – beat on medium until smooth
- Stir in the Coconut and transfer to the prepared oven dish (it is a somewhat dry mixture) – press into all corners and make equal on top – bake 20 – 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Immediately after removing the cake from the oven – mix together the Icing Sugar, Cocoa and boiling Water – it must be a runny consistency
- Pour the Icing mixture over the hot cake and leave to cool completely – sprinkle with Chocolate Chips once cooled, but not set (if using)
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to fully set before cutting into bars
Serving Size1 Bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 3gCarbohydrates 24.7gFiber 1.7gSugar 15.2gProtein 1.7g
Nutrition value not always accurate
Place into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to fully set before cutting into bars.