Apple Pie Jars is an all time popular Apple Pie, but in a Jar ! No-bake, no-fuss with these buttery, syrupy, spicy desserts
Of all the dessert pies, Apple Pie is one of my favorites, anytime of the year.
These Apple Pie Jars are just so much easier and quicker to make and it still tastes like a slice of the real deal.
Apple Pie can be served with any of your favorite toppings, whipped cream, drizzling cream, ice-cream, with a crumble or custard (and I know there are a lot more, which I am not thinking of now!).
Soft, syrupy and so full of spice, it is always a winner. We always have these Apple Pie Jars slightly warm, except for my daughter, she prefers any kind of fruit to be served cold.
Normally even sweet, buttery fruits would be a no-no to her – cold or not, but she does enjoy these little Pie Jars.
More Apple recipes you might like:
Apple Pie Jars
- 1/2 cup Tennis Biscuits, roughly chopped (or your favorite biscuit/cracker/cookie)
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 TB Honey
- 1/4 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 t Salt
- 2 cups Apple, cored and peeled, chopped
- 2 TB Ground Almonds
- Whipping Cream, to top
- Pecan Nut halves, to top (optional)
- ) Divide the chopped Biscuits between 4 serving jars or bowls.
- ) Melt the Butter, Honey, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Salt over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- ) Add the Apple to the saucepan and stir to cover – simmer over low heat for 20 – 25 minutes or until the Apple is very tender.
- ) Remove from stove – stir in the Ground Almonds – spoon, with the syrup, into the jars/bowls over the biscuits.
- ) Top with Whipping Cream and Pecan Nuts.
Amount Per Serving Calories 271.6Total Fat 15.1gSaturated Fat 7.8gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 33.4mgSodium 174.7mgCarbohydrates 35.3gFiber 3.3gSugar 24.7gProtein 1.9g
Leave to stand a few minutes in order for the syrup to soak into the biscuits.