Juicy Burgers loaded with vegetables – No need to smother these Burgers in sauces ! All the flavor and juiciness is in the patty and healthier alternatives given as well!
The patties in these Juicy Burgers are amazingly delicious and it’s all common ingredients which you might already have on hand.
I always have one or two Carrots leftover, from maybe a salad or something else, and the same goes for the Celery.
Whenever this happens, I try to find ways where I use the veggies and not let them go to waste.
Over the last year or so, I have become a huge fan of anything Horseradish and wiggle a little into most of our homemade sauces and dips.
The sauce works wonderfully well with this juicy Burger and adds just that teeny tiny bit of..aah !
To make the Burgers a bit more healthy, you can use wholewheat bread soaked into low-fat milk, as well as using wholewheat burger buns instead of white.
The Horseradish and Mayonnaise are both available containing lower fat. I have noticed that the light Horseradish is not always available, so if you do see a bottle, grab one, you never know when a healthy eating streak would sneak up on you !
Other than the sauce, I do not add too much else in order for the full flavor, and juiciness, of the patties to come through.
And if you wondered what my favorite method of cooking burger patties is,,,, over the coals of course, always my first choice.
- 2 Carrots peeled and finely grated
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Celery Rib finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parsley chopped
- 2 slices White Bread torn and soaked in Milk (below)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 900 g Lean Ground Beef ( 2 pounds )
- 1 1/2 t Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 TB Ground Cumin
- 8 Burger Buns sliced, toasted or not
- 1/4 cup Horseradish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 large Tomatoes sliced
- 8 slices Gouda Cheese
- Combine all the patty ingredients – Carrots through, and including, the Ground Cumin – form 8 balls and flatten into patties – place on aluminum foil and chill for at least 30 minutes
- Cook the patties as you wish – pan fry, oven bake, BBQ or on a health griller
- Arrange ingredients, equally divided in 8, in this order :
– bottom half of Burger Bun
– Lettuce – Horseradish and Mayonnaise mixed together
– Patty – Cheese Slice
– top with the upper half of the Burger Bun
You Might Also Like: