Chicken Fettuccini with Peanut Sauce is a scrumptious Low-Fat Chicken Pasta and is smothered in just enough Peanut Sauce to make it not only healthy, but delicious as well
I shared this Chicken Fettuccini with Peanut Sauce over at Love Bakes Good Cakes at the beginning of last month as part of a Healthier Eating Series. But wanted to share the recipe here on the blog as well, in case you missed it.
This Chicken Fettuccini with Peanut Sauce does not really require any side dishes but I like to always add at least a small crunchy salad.
Oils and Salt are of course the biggest culprits and should be avoided or substituted whenever possible when trying to cook healthier.
Why use Avocado Oil ?
Avocado Oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which is good for you and this specific brand I am using today, is also free of any cholesterol.
Both of these should be labelled on any good quality oil and it would only take you a second or two to scan the label and see which Oils are the goodies.
And the ones that are really bad news for eating healthier.
With this Chicken Fettuccini with Peanut Sauce dish, I try to cut down any frying as much as I can.
And also use no extra Salt. Do not worry, the Sauce combination makes up more than enough for the Pasta not to taste dull.
You will note that the Bell Pepper also does not get cooked in any way. Which is great, no frying and no loss of necessary nutrients.
Instead, the Bell Pepper gets softened by the boiled water from the Pasta. Which of course adds even a little more nutrients from the Pasta. (which would have gone lost if drained as usual)
More Pasta recipes you might like:
Chicken Fettuccini with Peanut Sauce
- 250 g Fettuccini Pasta, plain or wholewheat ( 8 oz )
- 2 cups Roasted Chicken, skinless/boneless, cubed
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 TB Garlic Infused Avocado Oil (Canola or Olive Oil will also do)
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 t Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Organic Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1 TB Rice Wine Vinegar
- Dash Sriracha Sauce (or Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions, chopped
- Cook the Fettuccini as per the instructions, but omit any Salt
- Place the cooked, cubed Chicken in a colander with the Red Bell Pepper on top – once the Pasta is cooked, drain slowly over the Chicken/Pepper in the colander – let stand while making the sauce
- Heat the Oil in a medium saucepan – saute the Garlic and Ginger 1 minute – add the Water, Peanut Butter, Hoisin Sauce, Vinegar and Sriracha – stir well and let simmer a minute or two until heated through
- Tip over the Pasta-Pepper-Chicken into a large mixing bowl – pour over the Peanut Sauce and mix – stir in the Spring Onions, another gentle stir through and transfer to a serving dish
Amount Per Serving Calories 368.9Total Fat 15.5gSaturated Fat 2.9gUnsaturated Fat 4.6gCholesterol 31.6mgCarbohydrates 36.1gFiber 6.2gProtein 20.4g
Serve immediately with a crunchy salad on the side.