Simple, easy recipe for Bacon and Cheese Muffins which is a great addition to breakfast, for lunch or as a side to a light dinner
There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of recipes for Bacon and Cheese Muffins ! Maybe a something extra, more or less of either the cheese or the bacon, or even different flours used.
All of us have our favorite recipe, which falls into this category… or even more than one!
The recipe I am sharing today, is my favorite, and as I mentioned before, I like baking muffins – sweet and savory.
This recipe took 20 minutes from start to finish. When I make a recipe which requires cooked bacon, I quickly nuke them in the microwave, in a bacon-microwave dish – 2 – 3 minutes and it is done.
We had this today again (after a delicious appetizer) served with cold meat.. Pastrami and Roast beef .. and a coleslaw.
It was a great late lunch/early dinner as it was very hot all over Gauteng today and a cooked meal was really not on the menu, not in this heat!
Bacon And Cheese Muffins
- 6 Rashers of Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 extra-large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - Spray a 12 hole (Large) Muffin pan with cooking oil
- Mix the cooked Bacon and the grated Cheddar Cheese in a large mixing bowl - Add the Self-Raising Flour and Salt - mix to combine.
- Beat the Eggs, melted Butter and the Milk, together, in a separate bowl - add to the Flour mixture - mix until just combined - do not overmix
- Spoon mixture into the muffin pan - bake 12 - 15 minutes
- Remove and let cool slightly on a wire rack
Amount Per Serving Calories 290.7 Total Fat 15.4g Saturated Fat 9g Unsaturated Fat 5g Carbohydrates 26.1g Sugar 1.4g Protein 11.5g
Remove and let cool slightly on a wire rack! Best served warm with Butter.