This Chicken and Peppers Pasta dish is bursting with flavor and so colorful. Kids also love this dish, which is so quick and easy to make on the stove top
This Chicken and Peppers Pasta dish is bursting with flavor. The fresher the bell peppers, the better !
Pasta has to be one of the world’s most popular starches and can be used in so many ways.
Depending on the season, bell peppers can be very expensive in South-Africa.
We started a small (and I mean a really small) vegetable garden towards the end of last year. Seeing as I use bell peppers a lot, it was one of the first vegetables we planted.
And, very proudly! I can now tell you that the bell peppers I used in this Chicken and Peppers Pasta recipe, have both come from our little garden.
Used minutes after we picked them from outside, the smell when I sliced them open was just amazing.
I have since learned – via Pinterest of course – that you apparently get a female and a male bell pepper – the female has 4 lobes at the bottom, more seeds.
But is sweeter in taste and therefore better to use in salads or wherever you would use uncooked peppers.
Male bell peppers have only 3 lobes, less seeds and also less sweet, therefore – better to use in recipes in which the peppers will be cooked.
I know, and have actually seen peppers with 5 lobes and can only take that to be a female with a higher IQ than her girl friends with only 4 ! Just my opinion … do not take it too serious 😉
More Pasta recipes you might like:
Chicken and Peppers Pasta
- 500 g Tagliatelle Pasta (16 oz)
- 3 TB Olive Oil, or Vegetable Oil
- 450 g Chicken Fillets, cut into strips (1 pound)
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 TB Dried Oregano
- 2 t Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 Spring Onions, chopped (scallions)
- 1 Green Chili, chopped finely
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Cook the Pasta as per the instructions on the packet
- Meanwhile, heat the Oil in a large skillet or wok – stir-fry the Chicken until fully cooked and browned
- Remove the Chicken from the pan and keep aside – retain the Oil in the skillet/wok
- Add the Yellow and Red Peppers together with the Mushrooms (add more Oil if needed) and saute until soft
- Combine and add the Tomato Paste, Oregano, Garlic and Water to the vegetables in the pan – stir to combine and cook 2 minutes
- Return the Chicken to the pan, together with the Spring Onions and Chili – stir well and heat through – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
- Stir the Chicken mixture into the cooked and drained Pasta and serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 737.8 Total Fat: 17.4g Saturated Fat: 3.1g Unsaturated Fat: 11.7g Carbohydrates: 103.5g Fiber: 4.5g Sugar: 3.5g Protein: 44.8g