Sticky Lemon Roasted Potatoes are the perfect side dish to any main meal – baked to perfection, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with a light lemon taste – especially great as a side with seafood and lamb.
Potatoes, potatoes ! Gotta love them and we are a huge potato eating family.
There are just so many ways to prepare potatoes, different dishes, mains and side dishes. And today I have a delicious, sticky Lemon Roasted Potatoes recipe for you.
These can be served as a side to almost any main meal, it goes perfectly with Fish, Chicken, Beef … you name it, and these Lemon Potatoes are your side dish next time round.
I was convinced my family would pull faces because of the Lemon, but the potatoes did not come out that acidic.
Only a hint of sourness, but the Lemon taste is just glorious and also cause the stickiness. Finger-lickin’ good as they say !
My family all gave the dish a thumbs up and since the first batch, I have made these Lemon Roasted Potatoes with all kinds of dishes.
But I think my two favorites are to serve them as a side to roasted lamb or any kind of seafood main meal.
Sticky Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- 8 large Potatoes peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon scrubbed clean and sliced into wedges
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a large oven roast dish with cooking oil
- Place the Potatoes, Lemon Juice, Lemon wedges and Chicken Stock in the oven dish
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper – drizzle with the Olive Oil and give the Potatoes a good stir through – cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes
Remove the aluminum foil and bake a further 35 – 45 minutes or until sticky and cooked through (most of the liquid should be cooked away by now)
Serve with any kind of main meal.
You Might Also Like: