Sticky Beer Ribs are always a winner ! Deliciously sticky and very saucy, tender Beer Ribs – perfect to slap on the barbecue or bake in the oven.
You will need plenty serviettes around for this one ! Sweet, sticky and very saucy.
These sticky beer ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender, it almost fell apart when I lifted them out of the baking dish.
I was pleasantly surprised, as there is no marinating involved – just simple baking in the oven.
These ribs would be great to serve with lots of rice or mashed potatoes because of all the sauce. That is, if you like your rice/mash drenched in sauce as we do.
Sticky Beer Ribs
- 1.35 kg Pork Ribs or Beef ( 3 pounds )
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 TB Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 TB Ground Cloves
- 2 cans (340ml ea) Lager Beer ( 1 1/2 cups )
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce (thick Ketch-Up)
- 1 cup Apricot Jam smooth (not chunky)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
Pre-heat the oven to 220 deg C (425 deg F} – spray a large roasting dish with cooking oil
- Season the Ribs with Salt and Black Pepper and place in the prepared baking dish – sprinkle the Garlic and Olive Oil over – cover with aluminium foil and bake for 2 – 3 hours until tender
Combine the Ground Cloves, Beer, Tomato Sauce, Apricot Jam and Lemon Juice in a large microwavable bowl (or a saucepan for stove use) – heat until smooth and warm
Remove the Ribs from the oven – pour the sauce over and return, uncovered, to the oven – bake 35 – 45 minutes until the Ribs are sticky and the sauce has thickened slightly (you might need to add a little Cornflour mixed with water, to the sauce and cook another 10 minutes if you’d like a thicker sauce)
Serve with rice, mashed potatoes or dinner rolls and sides – vegetables or salads.
You Might Also Like: