Pea Egg and Feta Salad – Keep a few hard-boiled Eggs in the fridge and you can throw together this crispy Salad in minutes – ideal for lunch or as a side.
We are smack-down in the middle of Winter but I still love a good salad. Most Winter time meals are comfort foods, like a stew or a hearty meat pie – and what better side than a salad, and this Pea Egg and Feta Salad is perfect.
This is also an ideal lunch salad and with only a slice or two of whole-wheat or rye bread your lunch is sorted out.
When I had to lose weight a few years ago, this salad was on my lunch menu every other day as it is so quick to make and making single servings took minutes.
Besides the eggs which need to be boiled, it’s a “throw-together” salad ! Which, if you’ve been following my posts, you’ll know is just right for me. Easy, no fuss, delicious.
The first time I ever made the salad, I thought it might need a little salt as it has no dressing (besides the small amount of Mayonnaise). But when I tried a little with salt and a little without, I preferred without the salt.
This is a perfect salad to put together quickly for unexpected guests or to take with to a BBQ/ picnic. Also no need to layer the ingredients if you are in a hurry and not much worried about looks.
Pea Egg And Feta Salad
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs peeled, sliced into rings
- 2 cups Frozen Peas do NOT defrost
- 3 TB Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Onion sliced into rings
- Small Lettuce Head (I like Crisp Lettuce), torn into smaller pieces
- 1-2 rounds Feta Cheese plain, (depending on your love for Feta !), cubed or crumbled
- Place the Frozen Peas in a bowl and mix with the Mayonnaise – leave to stand about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice
Start with a layer of Lettuce – Mayonnaise Frozen Peas – Onion – Eggs – Feta
- Repeat the layers – or if you prefer – just dump all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix and transfer to a salad serving dish
Serve as a side or for lunch with a slice of Rye Bread.
You Might Also Like: