20 Minutes is all you need to get this Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti on the table ! Recipe yield 8 adult sized servings [can easily be halved/doubled]
Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti is a quick, tasty and very filling dinner.
This is one of those recipes no family ever tires of. It is always on the monthly menu, sometimes even more than once.
The Spaghetti is a lifesaver when you do not have fresh meat on hand, or totally forgot to defrost any meat.
My family is huge meat lovers ! I think I can count on one hand how many actual meatless dishes we have for dinner and not even that often.
Bacon for dinner is not all that much meat. But combined with pasta, cheese and some vegetables, my family is just loving it ! Also helps that we are all bacon fanatics !
This is a very large dish, served all five of us adults and there is still some leftover. Easily enough for 8 servings, with maybe only a crunchy salad on the side.
You can easily half or double the recipe ! (Allow 5 minutes or so for the extra chopping to the Total Time given below!).
More Pasta recipes you might like:
Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Spaghetti
- 500 g Spaghetti ( 16 oz )
- 2 Onions, large, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, large, chopped
- 1 TB Vegetable Oil
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 450 g Bacon, chopped ( 1 pound )
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (double cream)
- 2 cups White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Parsley, optional, to garnish
- Cook the Spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet, using a large pasta pot
- Meanwhile, saute the Onions and Green Bell Pepper in the Oil, in a large skillet, until soft and the Onions start to just brown
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the Onion and Pepper from the pan and keep aside
- Add the Mushrooms to the same pan (add a little more Oil if needed) and saute until soft and brown – remove from the pan and keep aside with the Onion and Pepper
- Add the Bacon to the pan and fry until crispy (or to your liking) – Spoon the Onion, Pepper and Mushrooms back into the pan with the Bacon, add the Fresh Cream and stir to combine and heat through
- Drain the Spaghetti, place back into the pasta pot and add the Bacon mixture – stir to mix and finally stir in the grated Cheese in three batches, stirring well in between each addition
Amount Per Serving Calories 581.2 Total Fat 28.3g Saturated Fat 16g Unsaturated Fat 10g Carbohydrates 50.4g Fiber 3.8g Sugar 4.4g Protein 31g
Serve and garnish with Parsley if using.