Crustless Pineapple Pie is quick, easy and delicious ~ seconds are always requested when I serve this mix and bake pie !
One of my biggest pet peeves concerning Pies are the making of the crusts. I like things easy, especially when I am in a hurry and this Crustless Pineapple Pie is ideal for any busy cook.
All you need is a couple of minutes to mix and pour the batter into the Pie dish and in it goes to the oven. Usually I need to wait for the oven to pre-heat, that is how quick the ingredients are to mix up !
Take note that the Pineapple must be drained as best you can get it. I pour the Pineapple into a very fine, almost sieve-like, colander and press the liquid out as much as I can.
You can always keep the liquid, juice or syrup, to use in drinks or to flavor a batch of Pineapple muffins.
No additional Salt is needed as the Pancake mixture contains enough Salt. You can also use any Pancake Mix, store-bought or homemade, in this recipe.
Both works very well, although I do have a favorite brand, Snowflake Easymix- Pancake Mixture, which I just about always have on hand.
Some of the Pineapple will drop down to the bottom. But the batter mixture keeps all the ingredients nicely together. Which makes slicing a breeze – as long as you wait until the Pie has completely cooled !
More Pineapple recipes you might like :
Crustless Pineapple Pie
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 2 cans (440g each) Crushed Pineapple, drained ( 15 oz cans each )
- Whipped Cream, to serve (optional)
- ) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a deep oven pie dish with cooking oil.
- ) Combine the Milk, Sugar, Pancake Mix, Butter, Eggs and Vanilla Essence in a medium mixing bowl – beat until smooth – stir in the drained Pineapple.
- ) Pour into the prepared oven dish and bake 45 minutes – cover with aluminum foil (to prevent too much browning) , increase the oven heat to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – bake a further 10 minutes or until the center of the pie is set – remove from the oven and leave to cool and set completely
- ) Serve with whipped cream (optional)
Amount Per Serving Calories 242.8 Total Fat 8.6g Saturated Fat 4.8g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3.8g Cholesterol 66.6mg Sodium 247.1mg Carbohydrates 37.5g Fiber 0.8g Sugar 16.8g Protein 4.6g