Slow-Cooker Tropical Chicken is a no-fuss, delicious recipe which brings the Island flavors straight to your dinner table – perfect week night meal
I am a huge fan of my Slow-Cookers, but do not use them nearly as often as I could. This Slow-Cooker Tropical Chicken is such a delicious meal, and perfect for Summer or during Winter.
Summer time, all that’s needed is rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. On chillier days, I usually add a side or two of vegetables as well.
This dish needs the minimum attention ! A little browning of the Chicken, heat through the Sauce, which will also thicken a little, and then it is plain sailing from there on. Dump, stir, set the Slow-Cooker and go shopping —or whatever you need to do.
For those of you who prefer a saucier dish, double the Sauce ingredients. Do make sure it is well heated through before adding to the Chicken, otherwise the cooking time might take a little longer.
This Tropical Chicken is just that, it tastes like you are on a tropical island,with a strong Coconut flavor, and bites of Pineapple in between.
You can always add more (or fresh) Pineapple, depending on how much you like Pineapple in a meal.
When I only have cans, I add one can, and same goes for fresh Pineapple, I cube and use the whole Pineapple, no measuring needed.
Prepping should take you no longer than 15 minutes and after that the Slow-Cooker does all the work.
Which makes this the perfect meal when you need to go out for a while and will only be back around dinner time.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Slow-Cooker Tropical Chicken
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 675 g Chicken Fillets, cubed (1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 TB Soy Sauce
- 1 TB Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cubed
- 1 can Pineapple Pieces, drained (or use fresh)
- 1 Onion, cut into wedges
- Fresh Cilantro, to serve (optional)
- Heat the Oil in a medium skillet over high heat – Season the Chicken to taste, brown and place in the Slow-Cooker
- Using the same skillet as used for the Chicken, bring to the boil the Coconut Cream, Lime Juice and Soy Sauce – add a little of the mixture to the Cornflour in a small bowl – just enough to make a paste – stir into the Coconut mixture and heat through
- Meanwhile, add the Bell Pepper, Pineapple and Onion to the Chicken in the Slow-Cooker – pour over the Coconut mixture – gently stir through – cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the Chicken is done
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349.6 Total Fat: 18.5g Saturated Fat: 10.7g Unsaturated Fat: 6.6g Cholesterol: 65mg Carbohydrates: 21.7g Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 26g
Serve, topped with Coriander, over rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.