Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken is tender, juicy and deliciously cream cheese filled – all wrapped in bacon to make the Chicken extra special
This Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken is the most tender, juicy chicken I have ever tasted. So many flavors in this recipe, but they all play together deliciously.
I am a big fan of anything Basil Pesto and knew that it must be one of the ingredients, so I started working around the Pesto.
Garlic goes with just about anything, therefore, no second thought was given to adding a good shot of Garlic. Parsley, of course to help with the garlic breath we really do not need in the morning.
And to bind all the ingredients, I decided on using Cream Cheese as I had half a tub left, and what else can one make with only half a tub !
I always try to use up all my leftover ingredients, from previous recipes, soon after and hate throwing away anything – even salad leaves..
And the bacon ? Well, I do not think there is any need to expand on the Bacon used in this recipe, because as we all know by now bacon makes everything better !
As the Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken is so juicy, no extra sauce is required.
I serve the Chicken with roasted vegetables, a sauce to go with the vegetables and a dinner roll. That is more than enough for a filling meal with only a small dessert afterwards.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken
- 4 large Chicken Fillets
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 TB Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 2 TB Parsley, chopped
- 2 TB Basil Pesto
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 12 slices Streaky Bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 deg C (440 deg F) – spray a large enough oven dish with cooking oil
- Cut a slit into each Chicken Fillet – like a pocket, not all the way through – season with Salt
- Combine the Cream Cheese, Garlic, Parsley, Basil Pesto and Black Pepper in a small bowl – fill each Chicken pocket with the filling
- Use 3 slices of Bacon per Chicken Fillet by wrapping each piece around the Chicken until it is completely wrapped – use toothpicks to keep the Bacon securely in place
- Place the Bacon wrapped filled Chicken (slit side facing up) on the prepared baking dish – bake 20 – 22 minutes or until done
- If the Bacon is not as crispy as you like, switch the oven’s top element on and grill the Chicken to your preference
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330.7 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 8.4g Unsaturated Fat: 8.5g Carbohydrates: 2.8g Fiber: 0.1g Sugar: 1.1g Protein: 36.9g
Serve with roasted vegetables, mashed potato or rice. A salad or two on the side during Summer is delicious with this Garlic and Pest Bacon Chicken !
Don’t forget to PIN !