All-In-One Breakfast Bake – Eggs, sausages and corn make this dish perfect for an easy breakfast. Tips for preparing this dish for camping given as well
I love an All-In-One Breakfast Bake ! No separate frying of the bacon, eggs, sausages and whatever else you normally serve at breakfast time.
You can boil the Eggs days in advance and only use them when required.
I also like this recipe because whilst it is baking, I can get the toast and juices ready, and set the table in time for breakfast.
This All-In-One Breakfast Bake is very, very creamy, therefore have a stack of toast ready.
Why ? Because there is nothing better than dunking or scooping this breakfast up with a slice of toast !
You can use any ready-to-eat sausage if you do not like Fankfurters. Or if it is unavailable.
I like to use them as they are not high in fat and will not make the dish oily.
Doubling or even tripling this recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3 !
Camping Breakfast !
And if you are away camping, do not worry about layering the dish, just pop everything into your saucepan and heat through.
Of course you won’t have that nicely baked cheese topping, but that is not the end of the world at all.
I have once or twice substituted the Creamed Corn with Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce and it was just as delicious.
More Breakfast recipes you might like:
All-In-One Breakfast Bake
- 6 Eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced/cubed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 6 Frankfurter Sausages, sliced (or your favorite cooked sausage)
- 2 cups Thick White Sauce
- 1 can (410 g) Creamed Corn
- 2 t Mustard Powder
- 1/8 t Tabasco Sauce (add more if you prefer)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated, divided
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30 cm ( 9 x 13 inch ) oven dish with cooking oil
- Place the Eggs on the bottom of the prepared oven dish – season lightly with Salt and Pepper – arrange the Sausages on top of the Eggs
- Mix together in a separate bowl, the White Sauce, Corn. Mustard, Tabasco and 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese – pour over the Sausages and sprinkle over the remaining Cheese
- Bake 20 minutes or until the Cheese has melted and the dish is heated through
- For Camping:
Do not worry about layering the dish, just pop everything into your saucepan and heat through
Amount Per Serving Calories 483.5 Total Fat 28.2g Saturated Fat 10.9g Unsaturated Fat 4.7g Carbohydrates 39g Fiber 2.1g Sugar 6.1g Protein 23.1g
Serve with toast and fresh Tomato slices.