This Orzo and Mushroom Casserole is a comforting, meatless and vegetarian dish – quick and easy to make and on the table in under 25 minutes
Whether you are looking for a side dish with a difference or a light dinner, this Orzo and Mushroom Casserole is ideal.
Perfect to serve as a comforting Meatless Monday dish and ideal for vegetarians too.
I serve this dish both ways, usually as a side dish. However, when it is only hubby and I, we would have it as a light dinner with a small side salad or two.
Double the recipe when you have more guests ! When my kids are home, I do, and the doubled recipe is enough as a light dinner.
No extra Salt is added as the Soup Powder is salty enough for the whole dish.
Next time you need a side dish, or a quick light dinner, consider this recipe as it is done in under 25 minutes !
With the minimum attention needed and all the ingredients are standard and you should have everything on hand.
Do try this recipe for your next Meatless Monday ! It is really good !
More Mushroom recipes you might like:
Orzo and Mushroom Casserole
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 1 t Garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Orzo Pasta
- 1 packet (50 g) Dry Brown Onion Soup Powder (4 TB)
- 3 1/4 cups Boiling Water
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, fresh, chopped
- Heat the Butter over medium heat in a large saucepan with a lid – saute the Garlic until golden
- Add the Orzo, Soup and boiling Water – cover and lower heat – simmer 10 minutes
- Stir in the Mushrooms, cover and simmer a further 10 minutes
- Remove from heat – stir in the parsley and let stand, uncovered, until most of the liquid is absorbed
- Brown Onion Soup Powder available HERE
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342.4 Total Fat: 7.5g Saturated Fat: 3.6g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15.5mg Carbohydrates: 57.1g Fiber: 3.2g Sugar: 3.6g Protein: 10.8g
Serve as a side dish or a meatless light dinner with salads.