This Orzo and Mushroom Casserole is a comforting, meatless and vegetarian dish – quick and easy to make and on the table in under 25 minutes
Whether you are looking for a side dish with a difference or a light dinner, this Orzo and Mushroom Casserole is ideal.
Perfect to serve as a comforting Meatless Monday dish and ideal for vegetarians too.
I serve this dish both ways, usually as a side dish. However, when it is only hubby and I, we would have it as a light dinner with a small side salad or two.
Double the recipe when you have more guests ! When my kids are home, I do, and the doubled recipe is enough as a light dinner.
No extra Salt is added as the Soup Powder is salty enough for the whole dish.
Next time you need a side dish, or a quick light dinner, consider this recipe as it is done in under 25 minutes !
With the minimum attention needed and all the ingredients are standard and you should have everything on hand.
Do try this recipe for your next Meatless Monday ! It is really good !
More Mushroom recipes you might like:
Orzo and Mushroom Casserole
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 1 t Garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Orzo Pasta
- 1 packet (50 g) Dry Brown Onion Soup Powder (4 TB)
- 3 1/4 cups Boiling Water
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, fresh, chopped
- Heat the Butter over medium heat in a large saucepan with a lid – saute the Garlic until golden
- Add the Orzo, Soup and boiling Water – cover and lower heat – simmer 10 minutes
- Stir in the Mushrooms, cover and simmer a further 10 minutes
- Remove from heat – stir in the parsley and let stand, uncovered, until most of the liquid is absorbed
- Brown Onion Soup Powder available HERE
Amount Per Serving Calories 342.4 Total Fat 7.5g Saturated Fat 3.6g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 15.5mg Carbohydrates 57.1g Fiber 3.2g Sugar 3.6g Protein 10.8g
Serve as a side dish or a meatless light dinner with salads.