Roasted Eggplant Dip is a low-fat, delicious dip and ideal for crudites, chips, cheese wedges and rolled up deli meats – great appetizer !
Dips and I have become big friends. However, not chips and dip, fresh vegetables and dip !
This Roasted Eggplant Dip is delicious served with fresh vegetables ( and chips ! – had to try it at least once 😉 )
The dip is an excellent addition to a party table and served as shown in the photos, it makes wonderful individual servings which your guests can carry around with them and munch on the go.
I like serving the dip in a small jar with some veggies tucked in already and some more veggies on the main serving table.
Therefore, everyone can go back and help themselves to more vegetables as well as chips, dipping biscuits and even cheese wedges.
The recipe is also perfect to make-ahead. Simply make the dip, cover and take with to a party ! Don’t forget the dipping vegetables etc though !
I have also started to make double the recipe. Scoop some dip into the jars and keep them chilled for up to a week. More than enough for my smaller meals in between the main meals.
Other commonly known names for Eggplant :
More Dip recipes (Sweet and Savory):
Roasted Eggplant Dip
- 500 g Eggplant, washed and dried (Brinjal/Aubergine) ( 16 oz )
- 4 t Garlic, crushed
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 TB Tahini Sauce
- 2 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 cup Fat-Free Smooth Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 t Ground Cumin
- 1/2 t Paprika
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray an oven dish with cooking oil
- Place the whole Eggplant/s in the oven dish – bake until soft and it looks like collapsing (this can take from 15 – 45 minutes – depending on the size of your Eggplant/s)
- Remove Eggplant from the oven – cool 5 minutes and then peel – chop the flesh finely (or lightly mash the flesh)
- Mix the Eggplant with the remaining ingredients until smooth. A quick blitz in a food processor makes quick work of this
- Baking time will differ with various sized Eggplants
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52.3 Total Fat: 3.4g Saturated Fat: 0.5g Unsaturated Fat: 2.5g Cholesterol: 0.5mg Carbohydrates: 4.7g Fiber: 4.7g Sugar: 2.1g Protein: 1.6g
Serve with an assortment of fresh baby vegetables, chips, dipping biscuits, rolled-up deli meats or cheese wedges.