Lemon and White Chocolate Mousse is a timeless, delicious and light dessert – refreshing and zesty ! Make-ahead friendly recipe
Our family loves any kind of mousse for dessert ! Whether it be a fruit based or chocolate based, they are always a welcome dessert.
This lemon and white chocolate mousse is no exception. And as we normally have either very rich or spicy main meals, this is the perfect dessert to end a meal.
The chocolate’s flavor comes through much sharper than the lemon. However if you prefer a more zesty mousse, increase (or even double) the grated lemon peel.
I have noticed adults prefer the more zesty, but kids again want the chocolate taste to be stronger.
This mousse is the perfect make-ahead recipe ! Remember to only add the final zest to the top just before serving as it will dry out.
Timeless dessert and always a hit with everyone !
More Lemon recipes you might like:
Lemon and White Chocolate Mousse
- 2 cups Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- 2 Lemons, finely grated zest only
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate, good eating quality, melted in a large bowl
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 t Cream of Tartar
- Extra grated Lemon Peel, to decorate
- Beat together the Cream, grated Lemon Peel and Caster Sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form – set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Egg Whites until soft peaks form – add the Cream of Tartar and keep on beating until stiff peaks form
- Fold the Lemon/Cream mixture into the bowl with the melted White Chocolate – when well combined, fold in the Egg White mixture
- Pour into serving glasses or bowls
- Chill 45 minutes or until time to serve
- Decorate with extra grated Lemon Peel and serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342.3 Total Fat: 26.1g Saturated Fat: 16.2g Unsaturated Fat: 7.2g Carbohydrates: 25.5g Sugar: 24.3g Protein: 3g