These Sweet Chili Chicken Tortillas with Coleslaw is a delicious, filling light dinner or lunch and is packed with sweet, sour and salty flavors
Light dinner or a Saturday afternoon snack? Then these sweet chili chicken with pineapple tortillas served with a coleslaw are just the thing for you.
It takes me under 30 minutes to prepare, cook and put together these delicious filled tortillas.
But I would usually let the cooked chicken cool completely during Summer as cold dishes are our biggest craving during the hot months.
Sweet Chili Chicken with a crunchy coleslaw is always a winning combination with my family.
You can always add a chili or three if you like your hot stuff, but this is just right for us, with a teeny tiny bite !
One of these are normally enough for me, but hubby and my son would almost always have two.
Leftovers kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator makes delicious lunches – just grab and go!
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Sweet Chili Chicken Tortillas With Coleslaw
- 900 g Chicken Fillets, cubed into small bite size pieces ( 2 pounds)
- 2 TB Avocado Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
- 1 TB Garlic, crushed
- 3 TB Sweet Thick Soy Sauce
- 1 can (410g) Pineapple pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup Sweet and Sour Sauce (your favorite brand)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 250 g Coleslaw Mix ( 8 oz )
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped (scallions)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 8 large Flour Tortillas
- CHICKEN: Heat the Avocado Oil over high heat in a large pan – add the Chicken, Garlic and Soy Sauce – stir-fry until done – add the Pineapple pieces, Sweet and Sour Sauce and season with Salt and Black Pepper – cook another 2 minutes
- COLESLAW: Mix together the Coleslaw Mix, Red Onion and Spring Onions – combine the Mayonnaise and Yogurt – mix into the Coleslaw
- TO FINISH: Place a generous scoop of Coleslaw in the center of each Tortilla – top with the Chicken (warm or cold) and roll up - serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 434.9 Total Fat 15.8g Saturated Fat 3.6g Unsaturated Fat 7.6g Carbohydrates 44.7g Fiber 3.3g Sugar 10.8g Protein 28.3g