Crepes with Walnut Cream and Caramel Sauce is the ideal dessert to serve when entertaining – or serve as an everyday dessert !
Seems I am on a crepe/pancake run at the moment ! We had these as dessert and I made way too many, and because of that, ate way too much!
The crepes must be paper thin and slightly crusty around the edges. This was a total delight ! I will most definitely make it again.
Although, if you want to make these, please do not leave out the Walnuts !
There is not a lot of Walnuts in the recipe, but it definitely gave the cream a very distinct, delicious taste.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
Crepes with Walnut Cream and Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 t Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1 TB Brandy (to be heated just before use)
- 2 t Instant Coffee
- 1/4 cup Roasted Walnuts, chopped
- Extra Roasted Walnuts, to sprinkle over
- CREPES: Place all the ingredients for the Crepes in a bowl – beat until smooth – cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes
- Using just enough Crepe batter to cover the bottom of a crepe pan (lightly oiled or sprayed with cooking oil) – cook until little bubbles form, turn and cook another 30 – 60 seconds – repeat until all the batter has been used
- CARAMEL SAUCE: Place all the ingredients for the Caramel Sauce in a small pot – stir over medium heat until the Sugar has dissolved – leave on medium heat for 5 minutes or until it has a thick syrup consistency – remove from heat and let cool
- WALNUT CREAM: Beat the Cream until fairly stiff – add the Caster Sugar – dissolve the instant Coffee in the hot Brandy – add to the Cream together with the chopped Walnuts – stir to combine
- Fill each Crepe with the Walnut Cream – pour Caramel Sauce over and sprinkle with extra Walnuts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553.70