This loaded Million Dollar casserole is enough for 6+ people, and it is so good ! We finished the casserole within half an hour, everyone had second helpings.
I originally found this recipe on the Six Sisters Stuff site and knew I wanted to make it immediately as the recipe calls for just about all our favorite ingredients, especially the Bacon.
This is an absolute must have recipe as it comes in so handy, especially when you have unexpected dinner guests over. And just about all the ingredients are standard pantry items.
We usually have some sliced English Cucumber and Tomato cubes on the side, (or a tangy Coleslaw).
This dish is rich enough to be served by itself, but the crunchy, fresh Cucumber and Tomato are really delicious served all together.
More Casserole recipes you might like:
Loaded Million Dollar Casserole
- 750 g Lean Ground Beef, ( 1 1/2 pounds)
- 500 g Pasta, ( 16 oz – your favorite will do)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 200 g Bacon Bits, (just under half a pound)
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 cups Pasta Sauce, (any tomato based)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 250 g Cream Cheese, plain, softened ( 8 ounce )
- 250 g Cottage Cheese, plain/smooth ( 8 ounce )
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Spray a large oven dish with cooking oil
- Cook the Pasta as per the instructions on the pack
- Meanwhile, heat the Oil in a large skillet and saute the Onion, Red Bell pepper and Garlic until soft – remove and keep aside
- Add the Bacon Bits to the same skillet – cook until done – remove from pan and keep aside with the Onion mixture
- Using the same skillet, cook the Beef until done – add back the Onion mixture and Bacon – add the Pasta Sauce and cook through (2 – 3 minutes)- season with Salt and Pepper to taste, if necessary
- Mix together the Cream Cheese, Cottage Cheese and Sour Cream (combine very well!)
- Transfer half of the cooked Pasta to the prepared oven dish – top with the Cream Cheese mixture – add the remaining Pasta followed by the Beef mixture
- Bake 25 minutes – remove from the oven – sprinkle the Cheddar Cheese over – return dish to the oven for another 15 minutes or until the Cheese has melted
adapted from this recipe here
Amount Per Serving Calories 773.3 Total Fat 42g Saturated Fat 20.5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 21.5g Cholesterol 135mg Sodium 865.1mg Carbohydrates 57.7g Fiber 4.3g Sugar 6g Protein 39.6g
Remove from the oven and serve with a side dish or two.