Buttery, melt-in-the-mouth Cinnamon Shortbread is a must to add to your Fall and/or Christmas baking list – with a Cinnamon Honey glaze too !
Buttery and melt-in-the-mouth, as shortbread should be – but this time, Cinnamon Shortbread, perfect to add to your Fall and/or Christmas baking !
These are so good, and the Cinnamon Honey glaze is absolutely divine.
This is one of the recipes which is always first on my baking list for the holidays, and I even bake these Shortbread cookies anytime during the year.
Baking shortbread is my favorite type of cookies, it is mix, bake and slice. No rolling out dough or bothering with cookie cutters.
I remember the first batch I baked, it did not last long, and after that I decided to always, but always bake at least two batches.
The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled, which is great for the holidays. A cookie container (or two) can be filled quickly.
One batch of the recipe will give you easily 40 portions, all depending on your cut.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
- White Chocolate Panna Cotta
- Milk Tart Cookie Cups
- Chocolate Coconut Rum Desserts
- Gooey Drop Brownies
- South-African Koeksisters
Connect with us :
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour (Cornstarch)
- 1 TB Baking Powder
- 2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1 t Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 2 TB Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 TB Honey
- 1/8 t Salt
- SHORTBREAD: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Beat the Butter and Caster Sugar until creamy
- Sift together the Flour, Corn Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Salt – add to the Butter mixture and mix very well
- Press dough into the prepared baking sheet – prick all over with a fork – Bake 20 – 25 minutes until light brown
- GLAZE: Meanwhile, beat together the melted Butter, Icing Sugar, Cinnamon, Honey and Salt until smooth – spread over the shortbread whilst still warm – leave to cool completely on baking sheet
Amount Per Serving Calories 126 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 4g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 18mg Sodium 103mg Carbohydrates 15g Fiber 1g Sugar 8g Protein 1g