Have this quick and easy Feta and Spinach Pizza for a light meatless Monday dinner – a low-fat version is also given for this popular pizza
We are huge meat lovers, therefore this pizza is kind of special – no meat, but hubby and I just love it!
We usually order our Feta and Spinach Pizza from our local Pizza restaurant.
It is a big chain Pizza restaurant in South Africa and the only one close to us who makes this Pizza with these specific toppings as a standard menu item.
I thought I will give it a try and make my own. Wow, were we surprised!
It was much tastier than the Pizza Restaurant’s version and even my son now loves the Feta and Spinach combination.
Give it a try for a Meatless Monday- you will not regret it ! I buy a good brand frozen Pizza Bases.
However, if you have a great homemade recipe for a base, use that instead.
More Pizza recipes you might like:
In the recipe card notes, I give you some ideas of how to make this even healthier and lower in fat !
Connect with us :
Feta And Spinach Pizza
- 3 frozen Pizza Bases (or homemade)
- 1 can (410g) Tomato and Onion Relish
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 3 Feta Cheese wheels, sliced
- 3 t Dried Oregano
- 6 cups Spinach, chopped (fresh not frozen)
- Pre-heat oven to 220 deg C (440 deg F ) – line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- If using frozen Pizza Bases as I did – do not defrost – place on the prepared baking sheets
- Spread a third of the Tomato and Onion relish over each Pizza Base
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella Cheese over the relish on the 3 Pizzas
- Arrange the slices of Feta Cheese on top of the Mozzarella Cheese
- Sprinkle 1 t Dried Oregano over each Pizza – followed by 2 cups of Spinach per Pizza
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until done
- Remove from oven and serve immediately
Low-fat, healthier option
Use these instead :
- wholewheat pizza bases
- fresh tomatoes and onion
- low-fat Mozzarella and Feta Cheeses
Serving Sizeper slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 163.1 Total Fat 5.7g Saturated Fat 2.2g Unsaturated Fat 1g Carbohydrates 21.3g Fiber 0.5g Sugar 1.4g Protein 6.8g