So refreshing and delicious ! Blanc-Mange with Stewed Fruit is ideal to serve when entertaining or as a special dessert during holidays
I think this Blanc-Mange is one of the most delicious dessert I have ever made !
For some reason I always have a fear when making anything in a mold and have to turn it out. Three reasons .. my desserts always break, it did not set properly or it sticks to the mold.
Years ago, must be about 10 or 12 years, I bought a Tupperware mold, quite fancy ! The mold has a lid and a smaller mold which made the “hole” in the middle (the smaller one can be used on it’s own as well).
Well, it was still brand new when I used it for the first time yesterday and it did the magic!
Must say, I think it is because of the recipe mainly, as it really set nicely and took only about 3 hours of chilling.
The Blanc-Mange and the Glaze is a recipe which I (gawked!) looked at for years as well.
I found it in one of my favorite cookbooks Spyskaarte vir Elke Seisoen by Annette Human (available in English as SEASONAL MENUS).
The Fruit I stewed, as I think, my Granny used to do it – but I could be wrong. Anyhow, the whole dessert was delicious. Oh, I already mentioned that !
More No-Bake Dessert recipes you might like:
Blanc-Mange with Stewed Fruit
- 250 g Mixed Dried Fruit ( 8 oz )
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 TB Sugar
- 5 TB Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 4 TB Sugar
- 1/4 t Salt
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 t Cornflour
- 2 TB Water
- 1/4 cup Smooth Apricot Jam
- 1 t Unsalted Butter
- 2 TB Sherry
- STEWED FRUIT: Simmer all the ingredients for 20 minutes until soft. Remove from heat – drain and keep aside until completely cooled
- BLANC-MANGE: Heat 2 3/4 cups of the Milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 cup Milk with the Cornflour, Sugar and Salt - Add the Egg and Vanilla and whisk well
- As soon as the Milk in the saucepan reach boiling point – add the Cornflour mixture slowly, stirring continuously
- Turn down the heat to low and simmer until thick, stirring all the time (3 – 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat, let cool for about 2 minutes and pour into a mold which was rinsed in cold water (use the mold wet)
- Chill for 3 – 4 hours before turning out
- GLAZE: Mix the Cornflour and Water until smooth in a small sauce pan – Add the Apricot Jam and Butter and simmer over medium heat until thick – Remove from the heat and add the Sherry – stir well
- Let the Glaze cool completely before serving
- Serve the Blanc-Mange with the Stewed Fruit and some Glaze drizzled over
Tupperware Jel-Ring Jello Mold 6 Cups PINK
Tupperware Jel-ring Jello Mold Mint Green by Tupperware
Tupperware Jel-Ring Jello Mold 6 Cups Purple
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 124.1 Total Fat 2.1g Saturated Fat 1.3g Unsaturated Fat 0.3g Cholesterol 12.3mg Carbohydrates 23.1g Fiber 1.1g Sugar 17.2g Protein 2.3g