Coconut Honey Cake is a MUST have recipe ! Quick, easy Cake recipe, with a divine topping, to enjoy in under an hour or slightly longer if serving cold
Seems I’m on a Coconut frenzy these last couple of weeks, but what can I say .. I love Coconut !
If you like a moist Coconut Honey Cake for dessert or as a tea time snack then this recipe is for you.
I have not made this cake in ages, no reason why not, just forgot I suppose. Since Pinterest has entered my life, I’ve been neglecting all my old favorites.
And this cake is most definitely still a favorite and will always be.
It is, as usual with my favorite recipes, quick and easy, and all pantry ingredients. You probably already have everything on hand and can enjoy this Coconut Cake with it’s outstanding Honey topping in under an hour.
Thought, I’ll quickly share a pic with you of my little doggie girl, Chichi (a Chorkie).
The cake is very moist due to some of the topping seeping into the cake and with every bite, with a piece of topping or not, you get that hint of Coconut and Honey – absolutely fantastic.
You can serve the Coconut Honey Cake warm with a dollop of whipped cream or ice-cream, or you can leave the cake to cool completely and serve on it’s own.
More Cake recipes !
Coconut Honey Cake
IngredientsYield: 16 Servings
- 2 extra-large Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 TB Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 6 TB Butter
- 3 TB Honey
- 2 TB Brown Sugar
- 2 TB Milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) and lightly spray a 20 x 20cm (8 inch) oven dish with cooking oil
- Beat the Eggs, Vanilla and Sugar until creamy, add the Flour and Salt, beat on low until combined
- Heat the Milk and Butter until just starting to boil. Add slowly to the Flour mixture whilst still beating on low
- Pour into the prepared oven dish and bake 30 minutes – remove from oven and set your oven on the grill function
- Place all the ingredients for the topping in a small saucepan and heat on medium, stirring continuously until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and spread the hot Coconut mixture over the cake
- Grill in the oven until browned – be careful, it burns quickly (I leave the oven door open and watch it all the time – only takes around 2 – 3 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly (or completely - depending whether you want to serve the cake warm or cold
source: Spyskaarte vir Elke Seisoen
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201.2 Total Fat: 11.3g Saturated Fat: 7.8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3.5g Cholesterol: 41.5mg Sodium: 61.9mg Carbohydrates: 24.4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18.2g Protein: 2.2g