I'm not friends with chocolate .. to eat - oh yes! to work with .. no, no - always a nightmare!
But, when I get something in my head, well, I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean, .. I just have to try it.
One thing, I think working with melted chocolate (especially in small quantites), during Winter is not good. Everything that is not brown, I melted a little chocolate, added the coloring and within a few minutes the chocolate has set, (and I know better than melting chocolate again in the micro)!
Some pictures of the process...
Nutella Cheesecake Cellphone (made 6 )
Cellphone mould (available from most baking supply stores)
250g Melting Chocolate, brown
50g Melting Chocolate, white
Coloring of your choice for the "buttons"
Edible Inkpen (I used Black) for the "numbers etc"
Nutella (+/- 1 teaspoon per 1 side of the cellphones)
250g Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 can (of a 397g can) Sweetened Condensed Milk
30ml Lemon Juice
1/2 t Vanilla Extract
1.) Beat the Cream Cheese until smooth - Add the Condensed Milk - Beat, scraping the side and bottom every now and then, till smooth - Add the Lemon Juice and Vanilla Extract, beat until well combined.
- Melt the Brown Chocolate (I did it in 3 batches as my mould had 2 sets of cellphones)
- Using a teaspoon, scoop in about 1 spoonful in each opening, pressing (smearing) chocolate all over to cover. Place in refrigerator for a minute or two and repeat with another coat of chocolate. Return to refrigerator until hard (another 3 - 5 minutes). Remove, turn over and tap lightly to loosen.
- Repeat twice more to give you 6 sets. (depending on your mould size)
- Use about 2 tablespoons Cheesecake mixture per opening, making sure to press (gently) into all the corners, it should be even on the tops.
- Place in refrigerator for approximately 2 hours to set.
- Spread 1 teaspoon Nutella on top of the one half of cheesecake mixture.
- Press the back and front of the cellphone sides together. To seal, I first tried a little melted chocolate, smeared it on the seams - bit of a mess. Then, - much better, - I used a lighter (normal cigarette lighter), heated along the seams and with my finger wrapped in a plastic lunch bag smeared the seams to seal.
- For the colors I melted only a cube of white chocolate at a time, added some color, and dripped this over the white.
- I used a black Inkpen (edible) to write the numbers etc.
- 6 Cellphones ready
Phone calls are free on these cellphones !
(I had some Cheesecake Mixture left over and used it in ready-made shells)